Installing new fog lights on your car can keep your vision clear even in bad weather conditions. Under normal circumstances, the fog lights you buy will be accompanied by detailed installation instructions, so that novices can easily get started.
Choose the right fog lights
1. Check local regulations. Some areas have restrictions on the type and color of fog lamps, not all fog lamps are suitable for road vehicles, please check the relevant regulations of the local traffic department before purchasing.
2. Select the light bulb. There are three main types of bulbs on the market, you can choose according to your needs.
LED (Light Emitting Diode) lights have high brightness, long life, low energy consumption and stable brightness. Its disadvantage is that it is more expensive compared to halogen lamps.
HID (High Intensity Discharge) lamps use Xenon and emit light closer to daylight, which is the main reason for their popularity.
Halogen lamps use a single filament and halogen gas to emit light. It has the longest history, the widest range of applications, and the lowest price. This kind of lamp generates heat when it emits light and has a short lifespan.
3. Select the fog lamp type. There are many types of fog lights on the market, which can be divided into three categories according to their applicable brackets, please choose according to your needs.
Bumper fog lamps: Fog lamps used for bumpers are usually round or rectangular and need to be installed on reserved installation positions. Fog lights produced by most manufacturers are of this type, if you want to install fog lights for your car, this is a good choice.
Grille fog lights: This kind of fog lights are usually round and large in size, and are directly installed on the front grille or behind the grille, and are mostly used in trucks or SUVs.
Luggage rack fog lights: usually round or rectangular. This kind of fog lamp is usually installed on the roof or directly on the front bumper, and is also mostly used in trucks and SUVs.
Fog light installation
1. Please make sure your car is parked and turned off before installation. Try to park the car on a road with a small slope and apply the handbrake.
2. Open the hood. Bumper fog lights are usually located under the headlights, if you can't find them, check your car manual.
3. Turn off the fog light switch. Unplug the power of the fog lights and disconnect their power supply system.
4. After removing the gasket, screws and nuts, you can take off the fog lamp cover, and take care to keep the removed parts.
5. Take off the fog lamp cover. Be careful not to scratch the bumper, and if installing the grille or roof fog lights, be careful to lift the part off the body to avoid scratching.
6. Install the fog lights. In the case of correct installation, the fog lamp should be snapped into the installation position. If the size and shape do not match, please check whether the model of the fog lamp you purchased is correct. Make sure that the screw holes of the fog lamp match the mounting position, otherwise additional holes may be required.
7. Screw on the screws. Put the gasket on the screw first, then screw on the nut, and tighten it with a ratchet wrench or adjustable wrench to fix the fog lamp, but be careful not to use too much force to avoid damage to the lampshade or the body.
8. Plug in the power supply of the fog lamp, and the battery can supply power for it.
9. Start the car and test the effect of the fog lights. Pay attention to the angle of the lights to avoid directing the eyes of other drivers.
For more information on the installation and replacement of auto parts, please pay attention to SHINESELL AUTO. Fair price and first-class after-sales service, full refund within 30 days if not satisfied.