The presence of ABS plastic bumpers is the best of both worlds for reducing car weight and protecting pedestrians. Therefore, the role of ABS plastic bumpers in reducing body weight is also based on protecting pedestrians. Basically, we all know that ABS plastic is very malleable, and based on this property, it helps designers solve problems. Dig a hole, get a dead pleat, and make waves with rich layers. These designs, which are difficult to achieve with steel, can be displayed with ABS plastic. Even if the car is scrapped, the bumper is still a well-preserved part (except for the crash).
Another advantage of ABS plastic is its good corrosion resistance. As a large item, the life cycle of a car is basically more than 10 years. In this long life cycle, we need to face the corrosion of substances such as rain and snow, and the bumper is the most conspicuous place in the front and rear of the car, and the anti-corrosion performance of ABS plastic can just play its role. This is why some classic cars have rotted away during the repair process, so they are still well-preserved as ABS plastic parts.
Bumper repair method: repair process
1. Cut off the burr on the bumper, preferably with a knife, and level it, so that it is easy to repair. Paint the potholes with putty to make them smooth.
2. There is usually a lot of dirt around the bumper scar. In order to make the putty stick firmly, it should be cleaned first. Brushing with a brush works well for most people.
3. If there are oil stains on the bumper, the putty is not easy to stick, it is best to use paint thinner to repair the part of the paint.
4. Prepare putty of various colors, it is best to choose the color that is closer.
5. Mix the bumper with putty, squeeze the putty main agent and curing agent to a similar length, and do it according to the product instructions.
6. After stirring, apply the putty with a spatula. The trick is to embed the scar.
7. After 2-3 hours, after the putty is firm, sand it with 1000 grit sandpaper, and paint it a week later.